I believe that living within the sovereignty of the divine means that our lives change right here, right now.
There is not a part of life that should not be impacted by the way of Living we read in holy scriptures. Everything is spiritual and requires that we take a keen look at how our behaviors, values and policies shape our lives.
Are you having trouble getting rid of your stuff and simplifying your life? You can start by reading these essays.
- I started with my closet
- Where did my shirt come from?
- Simplicity and Generosity
- Glowing Rectangles
- When your partner is not a minimalist.
Some thoughts I have on wearing clothing that is sourced, produced and sold ethically.
Lack of budgeting and setting financial limitations was one of my greatest downfalls. Read a couple essays on how I kicked the habit of impulse buying and learned how to be disciplined with a budget.
- Killing the Impulse: Breaking the habit of impulse buying
- $20. 30 Days.
- Your joy is not dependent on happiness.
- Spirituality of Spending
Letting go is one of the things I hear people struggle with the most in terms of simplifying their lives. It was not easy, but learning to let go of the frivolous to make room for the essential was a game changer.
Building habits, routines and sticking to what you start is difficult. Starting with the few steps below might help you get the momentum you need.
- Every Morning
- The Power of Single Tasking
- Breaking Rules
- Endless Tomorrows
- Why I Hand Grind My Coffee
- Falling short isn’t falling off.
Sometimes I just write random things as they come to mind. At times they take the form of prayers, other times they shape into well thought ramblings. I’ll let you be the judge.
- The Way It Is
- Life Without Music
- Don’t forget, You’re Going to Die.
- Stop telling me it is “All in God’s Plan.”